Report fraud

Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support fraud

If someone claims Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Support or Social Security benefits where they have no right to entitlement they are committing benefit fraud. Typical examples of benefit fraud are: 

  • people, who work, but don't declare this when they submit their claim 
  • people, who claim as a single person, but actually live with a partner 
  • people, who claim from an address, but do not live there
  • people who do not tell the Council the full amount of income, savings or capital they have when they claim benefit 
  • people who for any reason do not have any right to claim Housing Benefit or Council Tax benefit.

Housing fraud

Please also let us know if: 

  • a Council Property that has been sub-let by the council occupant who no longer lives there, but is still the council tenant 
  • someone who makes a false application for a council property
  • a landlord or letting agent is getting housing benefit payments for tenants who don't live in the property 
  • a landlord or letting agent has approached tenants about claiming housing benefit illegally.

Blue badge

Please also let us know if: 

  • someone is using an altered or forged blue badge
  • someone is using one that was not issued to them.

Grant fraud

Please also let us know if:

  • you know anyone who makes obtained fraudulent grants from the council to improve properties or to obtain care grants

Other fraud

Advise us of any concerns you have where you suspect fraud has been committed against the council.

You can be assured you have the right to remain anonymous and that all the information provided will be treated in the strictest confidence. Reports can be made in two ways: 

  • call the fraud hotline on 01753 787876 (24 hours)
  • complete our simple online report fraud form

Important – if you would like to report benefit fraud for someone who does not live within the Slough Council area:

  1. Please call the National Benefit Fraud Hotline 0800 854 440 (Textphone users call 0800 328 05012)
  2. Use the National Online Benefit Fraud Reporting Form

Related pages