Your red bin is for recycling only. No carrier bags or bin liners.
Yes, put it in
Items should be put in your bin clean, dry and loose.
- Cardboard food boxes and egg cartons (flattened).
- Drink cans and food tins.
- Glass jars and bottles (rinse and remove lids).
- Paper, magazines, newspapers, catalogues and phone directories.
- Plastic drinks, shampoo, washing up liquid bottles, all clear and colour plastic bottles from around the home (rinse and remove lids/pump dispensers).
- Toilet or kitchen roll inner cardboard.
No, leave it out
If your red bin contains any of the following, it may not be emptied.
- Bin liners, sacks, plastic bags, plastic wrappers or cling film.
- Christmas cards and wrapping paper.
- Electric or electronic items*.
- Food trays, yoghurt pots and margarine tubs.
- Food waste (some food waste you can compost).
- Green waste (use your green bin or you can compost).
- Hazardous waste*.
- Metal objects*.
- Milk and juice cartons*.
- Pizza boxes.
- Shredded paper or polystyrene.
- Takeaway food and drink containers.
- Textiles (use your local recycle bring bank).
- Toys (if in good condition, use your local charity shop).
* you can take these to the Household Waste Recycling Centre.