Dangerous & wild animal licences

The private keeping of certain wild animals is regulated through a licensing scheme. Species considered to be dangerous require a licence issued by a local authority. Licences are required for any animals that appear on the Schedule to the Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976.

How to apply

To apply for a licence you will need to download, complete and return the application form. You will also need to enclose the relevant fee. Once an application has been made, an inspection will be carried out by a licensing officer and vet.

Please note that there will be an additional charge for the vet inspection. 

Contact us

Contact Licensing form

01753 875664
Mon to Fri 9.30 am - 4.30 pm

In person
Mon to Fri 9.30 am - 4.30 pm


Related webpages