Application assistance and the check and send service
The licensing team offer pre-application advice, application assistance and a check and send service. The aim is to try and make the application process as easy as possible. The service is offered for the following applications;
- The Licensing Act 2003 -alcohol, entertainment and late night refreshment (i.e. new premises licence applications, variations, transfers and vary DPS applications)
- The Gambling Act 2005 - (new premises applications, variations and transfers)
- Animal Activity Licensing Regulations 2018 (e.g. day care, home boarding, pet sales, breeding, riding establishments, exhibition of animals)
- Scrap metal dealers
- Sex establishments
- Special treatment licences (acupuncture, tattooing, electrolysis, ear and body piercing)
Benefits of pre-application advice
The advice given depends on the application you want to submit and the level of assistance you would like to receive. In general, we can assist with the following;
- Advice and assistance with completing applications forms
- Advice on appropriate premises licence conditions
- Advice on premises licence plans and other technical documents which may be required
- Advice on nominating an appropriate designated premises supervisor
- Assistance with completing statutory notices and advertising
- Site visit(s) to ensure plans are compliant with prescribed regulations and appropriate statutory notices are correctly displayed.
- Any other advice or assistance that may be necessary.
Check and send service
The check and send service offers applicants the opportunity to have their application checked and validated by a licensing officer who will, where necessary, distribute the application to the relevant responsible authorities.
- Do a pre-submission validation check to make sure there are no errors or omissions that may invalidate the application
- Distribute the validated application to relevant responsible authorities and/or consultees.
Requesting pre-application advice
The charge for these services is £75 per hour. If you are unsure of which service you need please contact the licensing team who will be able to provide guidance.
To request pre-application advice, please complete the following form and return via email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you read and understand pre-application advice terms and conditions.
Once we have received your request we will contact you regarding payment. Once payment has been received, a licensing officer will contact you within 5 working days to arrange a meeting to discuss the application.
Advice can be offered for free if you qualify for an exemption from paying statutory fees for an application. Examples include educational institutes, buildings used for religious purposes, village and community halls and non-profit making charities.
Additional information and disclaimer
Any pre-application advice cannot prejudge the outcome of the licensing application. Any final decision on your application will be made under delegated authority by a different licensing office or by council members.
Depending on the type of application, it may be subject to a statutory consultation period after submission. Officers are unable to give any guarantees about the outcome of an application. In addition;
- We will not deal with any request for advice until payment has been received
- We are not responsible for advertising the application (if required)
- The pre-application advice will end once an application has been submitted
- A different licensing officer will deal with the application once it has been submitted.