You are likely to need a credit licence if you:
- sell goods or provide service on credit
- hire or lease out goods for more than three months
- lend money
- arrange credit for others
- offer hire purchase terms
- collect debts or purchase debts
- help people with debt problems
- advise people of, or help them find information on, their credit standing
- administer agreements (but do not collect debts).
Even if you don't charge for your services or are non-profit making, or you don't do these activities all the time, you may still need a licence.
To obtain a licence you will need to contact the Financial conduct authority (FCA).