The Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) & Trafficking sub-group brings key partners together to make sure an effective response is delivered to children and young people at risk of, or being abused, through CSE and child trafficking. This includes preventative and awareness raising initiatives.
The group leads the implementation of the objectives and actions set out in the SLSCB business plan 2016-2017.
There are guidance and resources available to support this work that are available to all:
- National Working Group for Child Sexual Exploitation (NWG)- comprehensive research, guidance, training and resources.
- Keep them safe - Free e-learning awareness tool especially designed for parents.
- NWG e-learning session - a number of interactive scenarios. NWG membership log-in required.
- Pieces of me booklet - information and creative writing by young people affected by CSE and trafficking in Sheffield. Available from the Sheffield Sexual Exploitation Service.
- Exploited - CEOP video.
- Cody's Choices - interactive discussion tool designed to be used online Resource for 1:1 or group work. Facilitators notes available too.NWG membership log-in required.
- ThinkUKnow - education resources and guide to internet safety and safe surfing.
- Friend or Foe - resource pack with activities for 1:1 and group work.
- My Dangerous Loverboy - video highlights grooming and human trafficking on YouTube.
- Hidden - a DVD of a number of young people's stories from both females and males relating to CSE - to get your copy call Barnardos on 029 2049 3387.
- Exploited; a 13-year-old girl groomed and trafficked by a child sex gang - book by Emma Jackson – good resource for young people to read - Library at The Curve, Slough.
- Disrespect Nobody - a website designed for young people to explore abusive relationships.
- The Hide Out - a website to help children and young people to understand domestic abuse, and how to take positive action if it's happening to you. Designed by Women’s Aid.
- BWise2 Sexual Exploitation - activity based sessions with facilitators notes.