Community Trigger

About the Community Trigger

The Community Trigger has been designed to make sure that we work together to try resolving your complaint of anti-social behaviour. How will we do this? We'll talk about the problem, share information and act together to try and resolve the complaint.

But it's not a first port-of-call: it's to be used if you believe that there has been a failure to respond to your complaint.

The Community Trigger won't replace organisations' own complaints procedures, and you'd still have the opportunity to complain to the Ombudsman or Independent Police Complaints Commission if you are unhappy about the service you have received from an individual officer or service.

Community Trigger reports

Since October 2014, SBC has received six applications for a Community Trigger.

Period: Oct 2014 to Sept 2015

  • CTs received: 4
  • Thresholds not met: 2
  • Reviews carried out: 2
  • Recommendations made: 2

Period Oct 2015 to March 2016

  • CTs received: 2
  • Thresholds not met: 1
  • Reviews carried out: 1
  • Recommendations made: 1

How can I use the Community Trigger?

If you (as an individual) have complained to Slough Borough Council, Thames Valley Police and/or a Registered Housing Provider (social landlord) at least three times about separate incidents in the last six months, and you think that no action has been taken.


If five related reports from a combination of people in the local community have complained separately to Slough Borough Council, Thames Valley Police and/or a Registered Housing Provider (social landlord) in the last six months about related incidents of anti-social behaviour and all of them think that no action has been taken.

You can either:

  • fill in the Community Trigger online form
  • write a letter to Community Trigger, Neighbourhood Services, Slough Borough Council, Landmark Place, High Street, Slough, SL1 1JL
  • telephone 01753 875298

You will need to provide details of each time you've complained, who you've complained to (name, organisation and/or Incident Reference Number) and information about the anti-social behaviour.
If you have an ongoing complaint that is being dealt with, your case is not appropriate for the Community Trigger.

What can I expect?

Once you have asked for a Community Trigger, we will ask the agencies involved to provide details of your complaints and the actions that they have considered and taken.

A meeting will then take place between the appropriate agencies which may include Thames Valley Police, Slough Borough Council, the Registered Housing Provider and other partners (if they are involved) to discuss the anti-social behaviour, what actions have been considered and taken. The group will review how the Partnership has responded and make recommendations on how the problem can be resolved.

A response will be sent to you on behalf of the Community Safety Partnership, detailing the action taken, and also suggestions on how the Partnership can attempt to resolve the anti-social behaviour.

If you are unhappy with the Partnership response, you can request a further review from the Community Safety Manager via e-mail