The Slough Half Marathon Inspiration Programme
Become inspired by an inclusive borough wide experience.
What is it?
Let’s Run This Town (LRTT) is the ‘inspiration’ behind the new Slough Half Marathon. It’s a programme of movement, sport or physical activity themed community activity taking place across the borough to celebrate the event. Across Slough we will be encouraging clubs, community groups and organisations to host a moving, sport or physical activity based event for residents to attend and get involved in.
When will the LRTT events take place?
The majority of the events will be taking place around the borough between June and October.
What type of activities will be part of LRTT?
There will be a wide range of events borough wide. Each has a moving/ physical activity theme in celebration of the half marathon. This includes everything from club and community open days; family and school sports days, quiz nights, ‘come and try’ volunteer sessions, social group activities, learning events and activity themed competitions.
How can I get involved?
Whether you’re a runner or not, we want everyone to be involved and to help grow the excitement of the half marathon this autumn within your community.
It’s simple! All we ask you to do is:
- register any related activity, new or existing on the LRTT website, giving people the opportunity to view or attend your event. This can be your own activity or you can encourage others in your community to hold their own
- share, tweet, and like Slough Half Marathon updates and opportunities with your community. Remember to use the #LRTT hashtag
- work inclusively to make the activities open and accessible to all, reaching out to your local community to make them feel involved
- celebrate and share stories about your activities.
What’s the catch?
There isn’t one! By joining the movement you’ll benefit from:
- awareness raising of your organisation and how you support inclusive community activity
- use of the Slough Half Marathon logo and branding on all activity, helping with publicity of events and increasing involvement in activity in line with the half marathon brand guidelines
- promotion via the Slough Borough Council website and social media platforms
- entry into exciting draws for prizes, and free resources to help promote your activities
- more people attending your activities and getting involved in their communities.
How can I learn more?
Attend one of our drop in sessions and hear about the programme and see how you can get involved!
- Tuesday 10 April 3-5pm at Langley Library, SL3 7UF
- Tuesday 17 April 5.30-7pm at The Curve, SL1 1XY
- Tuesday 15 May 5-7pm at St Martins Place, SL1 3UF
For more information