Guide to Cloud Library
Using Cloud Library for the first time?
Download the free Cloud Library app from Google Play, chrome app store, iTunes store, Nook Apps, for Windows, for Mac OS, for Amazon Kindle Fire (enable apps from unknown sources, or install directly from Amazon App store)
- Log in with your usual library card number and pin code.
You can also login to Cloud Library from your computer through your browser and download the software to read your ebooks, or download an app for your computer.
Borrowing Cloud Library ebooks
After logging in you will arrive at the menu page.
- Tap the buttons at the top of this screen to browse the e-books, search for a particular title or change the settings.
- Once you have identified a title you’d like to borrow, click on the title and you will be given more information about the book plus the option to borrow or reserve, if the item is already on loan.
- Once you click on borrow you will be asked to download the software on your computer or will be taken to "My Books" to open whichever title you want to read.
- You can borrow 10 e-books from Cloud Library for 3 weeks, in addition to 35 physical items on your library card.
- You can return an item early by going to My Books and selecting Return Books.
- For further help try Cloud Library's ebook Support section
What about Kobo and Nook ereaders, Kindle or Sony Ereader?
Kobo or Nook ereaders (not tablets): You will need to download the PC or Mac app and transfer books from your computer to your device.
- Kindle (apart from Kindle Fire) and Sony ereaders: Not supported.
- Kindle Fire: Download the Cloud Library app from Amazon apps or Google Play. You cannot borrow directly from Amazon.
Guide to Bolinda Borrow Box
Using Bolinda BorrowBox for the first time?
Download the free BorrowBox app from the Google Play, iTunes Store, or download Adobe Digital Editions (for Kobo, Sony Ereader or Nook)
- Select or type in Slough Libraries
- Log in with your usual library card number and pin code. You will need to agree with the terms and conditions.
You can also login to BorrowBox from your computer and download
Borrowing Borrowbox ebooks and e-audiobooks
After you have logged in you will arrive at the My Loans page which is where you will be able to see your loans and reservations.
- Tap the buttons at the bottom of this screen to browse the e-books and e-audiobooks, search for a particular title or change the settings.
- Once you have identified a title you’d like to borrow, click on the title and you will be given more information about the book plus the option to preview, borrow or reserve, if the item is already on loan.
- Once you click on borrow you will be asked to confirm the loan. You will then be given the option to download or continue browsing.
- You can download and read or listen to your e-book or e-audiobook at any time by returning to the My Loans page.
If you want to use your Kobo, Sony Ereader or Nook, you will need to use Adobe Digital Editions to transfer the book from your computer to your device.
- You can borrow 6 e-books and 6 e-audiobooks from BorrowBox for 3 weeks, in addition to 35 physical items on your library card.
- If you need more information on using BorrowBox, there is a very comprehensive Borrowbox help section which should answer any of the questions you may have. You will need to be logged in to use it.
What about Kobo, Nook, Sony ereaders or Kindle?
Kobo, Nook, Sony ereaders: download the e-book or e-audiobook to your computer and transfer to your device.
- Kindle: Not supported.
- Kindle Fire: Download the app from the Amazon App store or Google Play or through your browser. You cannot borrow directly from Amazon.