The change will come into force at 00:01 Saturday 24 October. Find out more details about Slough going into tier 2 and what it means.
Please go to our coronavirus pages for the latest guidance, how services are affected, and what help is available.
Slough Local Safeguarding Children Board (SLSCB) is the key statutory mechanism for agreeing how the relevant organisations in Slough will work together to safeguard and promote the welfare of children, and ensuring that this work is effective.
The board has an independent role to challenge partner organisations. It has an independent chair and membership is made up of senior managers from partner organisations.
Partner organisations are under a legal obligation to support the board and have nominated representatives (senior managers) who can speak with authority and hold their organisation to account.
Section 11 of Children Act 2004 places a duty on key individuals and bodies to ensure that their functions are discharged with regard to the need to safeguard and promote the welfare of children. The application of this duty will vary according to the nature of each agency and its functions
Regulation 5 of the Local Safeguarding Children Boards Regulations 2006 sets out that the functions of the LSCB:
· Developing policies and procedures for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children in the area of the authority, including policies and procedures in relation to:
· The action to be taken where there are concerns about a child’s safety or welfare, including thresholds for intervention;
· Training of persons who work with children or in services affecting the safety and welfare of children;
· Recruitment and supervision of persons who work with children;
· Investigation of allegations concerning persons who work with children;
· Safety and welfare of children who are privately fostered;
· Cooperation with neighbouring children’s services authorities and their Board partners;
· Communicating to persons and bodies in the area of the authority the need to safeguard and promote the welfare of children, raising their awareness of how this can best be done and encouraging them to do so;
· Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of what is done by the authority and their Board partners individually and collectively to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and advising them on ways to improve;
· Participating in the planning of services for children in the area of the authority; and
· Undertaking reviews of serious cases and advising the authority and their Board partners on lessons to be learned.
Slough Local Safeguarding Children Board does not deliver services directly to children, young people or their families.
Working Together 2013 states Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility and this is also a key message of the Slough Local Safeguarding Children Board.
For further information on the SLSCB please click on the web link below:
Safeguarding Board Manager
Slough Children's Services Trust
St Martins Place
51 Bath Road
Phone: 01753 875075