We are pleased to announce the launch of an important resource for Slough residents.
Health at Home is a bespoke online resource with guidance and advice on how people can look after themselves whilst spending time in insolation or extended periods of time at home.
This new page includes a range of services and resources including:
- Online, telephone and text “Stop Smoking” services
- Specific Coronavirus related Mental Health support and information
- Downloadable hints and tips of how to stay active at home, including bespoke advice for Early Years, Schools, Adults and those working from home
- Nutritional advice and meal preparation guidance
- Access to online testing for Sexual Health services
- Signing up to do befriending and one off tasks for older adults through our GoodGym programme
Over the coming weeks we will be growing this resource to have an even more holistic and enhanced offer to support the health of Slough residents during this difficult time.
Cllr Natasa Pantelic, cabinet member for health and wellbeing, said: “It’s really important that residents continue to look after their health whilst they are spending time at home. For all of us, this means standing up and moving often, looking after our mental health and preparing healthy meals. Looking after our own health and wellbeing has never been so important”.
For more information visit www.publichealthslough.co.uk/campaigns/health-at-home