Transport for Slough has successfully received funding from the Department for Transport’s Access Fund 2. The funding is a continuation on the three year access fund programme.
Access Fund 2 will support the Better by… campaign to get Slough workplaces, schools, job seekers and the wider Slough community using smarter modes.
Initiatives we offer
- One-to-one cycle training and scooter training for children and adults across the borough.
- Bike surgeries - free bicycle checks, minor repairs and maintenance advice for members of the public, schools and employees.
- Journey planning for jobseekers, youths seeking education and training opportunities for employees and residents.
- Cycling and walking competitions and competitive events.
- Travel planning advice for schools and businesses.
- Road safety awareness and advice.
- Advising businesses on implementing cycle to work schemes and achieving travel plan targets.
- Providing matched funding to businesses and community groups to implement sustainable transport facilities such as cycle parking, shower facilities etc.
- Access to and promotion of the Cycle Hire Slough scheme.
Find out more
Advice for businesses / Advice for schools / Advice for communities
Please get in touch with the Better by... team for more information: Betterby@slough.gov.uk