Slough Borough Council’s ‘Better by…’ team will help change the way people choose to travel, making walking, cycling and public transport a real choice.
Our objectives are to:
- encourage a switch from single occupancy car use to more sustainable modes to reduce congestion in Slough
- increase cycling and walking in Slough to improve personal health
- enhance access to jobs and training
- promote sustainable travel opportunities offered by grant funding and other capital schemes in Slough communities.
Why should community groups sign up?
- Active travel improves the health and wellbeing of everyone who lives, works and studies in Slough.
- Communities can apply for small grants funding to support their initiatives to promote walking and cycling.
- Learn how to ride a bike whatever your age, set up a cycle club, or take part in some led walks.
- Commit to making your local environment cleaner and safer by reducing car use in your local neighbourhoods.
- Take part in borough wide and nationwide campaigns, including events and competitions.
What support is available?
- Organised events to promote sustainable travel.
- Information on how to travel around Slough.
- Discounts on schemes and from local shops.
- Bespoke travel information leaflets for your community group, faith group, charity or local neighbourhood.
- Love to Ride campaigns throughout the year to get you involved with cycle challenges.
- Bespoke travel information for new housing developments.
- Personalised travel planning.
We are working with a local charity to help set up cycle clubs across the borough.
We are also working with local partners to support local events to promote sustainable travel and organising initiatives to make a change locally – why not find out about becoming a ride or walk leader?
The Better by… team is offering up to £2,000 grant funding for initiatives to get Slough’s residents travelling more sustainably. This includes, but is not limited to, cycle training for employees, cycle parking and equipment, car share bays, cycle events and pool bikes.
Contact the Better by... team: firstname.lastname@example.org