The forum has been set up under The Countryside and Rights of Way Act 2000 to provide independent guidance to the council and other relevant organisations on sustainable access issues in the borough.
The forum members are volunteers; local residents with an interest in walking, cycling, horse rising and accessibility issues.
- To make a difference and influence decisions on sustainable transport, parks development and access and recreation issues in general
- To encourage people to walk or cycle to work, school, the shops or the park as part of their daily lives
- To make Slough’s green open spaces safer to enjoy
- To make Slough a healthier and more attractive place to walk, cycle and even horse ride!
- To work with others in the town to improve access
- To improve the network of off-road walking and cycling and horse riding routes and promote the use of this to local
Forum meetings are held at least three times a year.
How to join
If you are interested in joining, email firstname.lastname@example.org