Local Welfare Provision (LWP) aims to:
- prevent serious risk to health, wellbeing or safety
- provide essential support in the event of an emergency
- help people to be part of the community.
An award will normally be a one off payment, normally in goods or services, as a short term fix to prevent a long term problem.
We will consider whether an application meets the criteria for Local Welfare Provision and that there are still funds available.
You need to be at least 16 years old to apply, and unable to obtain other public funds for the application.
You must be also be:
- a settled Slough resident, or
- have been placed out of the area by Slough Council, or
- have moved to Slough after leaving care or prison, for example, or
- a full-time student receiving benefits.
If an award has previously been declined and a new application is presented for the same need, a new award will not be considered.
How to apply
How the scheme works
We have a scheme for making payments from this money to people who are most in need: