Click on one of the bins to find out what you can put in it.
What to do on bin collection day
On the day of collection, your wheeled bin should:
- be presented on the curtilage of the property before 6am.
- be positioned clearly visible without causing any obstruction. It is helpful to position the bin with the handles towards the street.
- not be overfilled or overweight. If the bin is too heavy or the lid is not closed flat it will not be collected.
Any excess waste that is not contained inside the bin will not be collected. This waste can be taken to the Household Waste Recycling Centre.
After the bin has been emptied:
- Collection crews will return bins to the curtilage of your property or an agreed point of collection, which is usually the approximate point where they were collected from or a safer position.
- Residents are responsible for returning the bins back within your property boundary by the end of the collection day.
If we miss your bin
If your bin wasn’t collected on its scheduled day, there could be a number of reasons why. So, before you contact us, check that the following factors aren’t responsible for your missed collection.
Where does the waste go?
Of the waste currently produced by you, Slough sends only 30% to the MRF for recycling; 60% goes to the Energy from Waste facility where it is burned to produce electricity and the remaining 10% is sent to landfill sites.
Our aim is to increase recycling to 60%, so it is important that we work together to reduce, re-use and recycle as much as possible rather than throw it in our black bins.