Chalvey Household Waste Recycling Centre
The Chalvey HWRC is available to residents of Slough and of the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead only.
Most items of household waste can be accepted free of charge. You may be asked for proof of address and photo ID (driver's licence or passport) to confirm that you are eligible to use the site and may be refused entry if unable to supply this.
Using the centre
If you need assistance recycling or unloading any items from your vehicle, please ask a site operative who will be happy to help.
- There may be conditions on certain materials; please check the waste and recycling acceptance guidance before travelling to the centre. Please be aware that certain items may be refused if you have not followed this guidance.
- Separate all your waste and recycling into the correct labelled containers provided, removing contents from black sacks and plastic bags.
- Please be aware that waste disposed of in the non-recycling container will be sent tfor incineration at Lakeside Electricity from Waste (EfW).
The public site is open 7 days a week. Last entry 15 minutes prior to closing.
- Winter - 1 October to 31 March
Monday to Sunday: 9am - 5pm
- Closed - Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day
- Summer - 1 April to 30 September
Monday to Sunday: 9am - 6pm
- You do not need a permit to enter.
- The entrance barrier has a height restriction of 1.7 metres (5ft 9inches). Users should check before entering.
- Vehicles not able to enter through the height barrier or those carrying commercial waste will need to access the Waste Transfer Station. Residents of the Royal Borough unable to do so or in a van will need to apply for a permit for RBWM's Stafferton Way HWRC, Maidenhead.
- An automatic number plate recognition and CCTV systems are in place to monitor site usage and unusually regular users will be investigated.
- It is not permitted to park outside the centre and carry waste into the site.
- Children and pets must remain in your vehicle when visiting the site.