Planning and Building Control
- If you have a planning query please email and a planning officer will come back to you.
- There will be no site visits so applicants may be asked to provide more images or site plans than usual . Thank you for your understanding and assistance with this.
- Unfortunately it may not be possible to determine an application within the usual timescales due to delays in public and neighbourhood consultations. However, we will agree any extensions to the timescales with individual applicants.
- See our letter to planning applicants and agents (PDF) for full details.
Changes to the publicity requirements for certain planning applications
Changes to the publicity requirements for certain planning applications have been introduced through the Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure, Listed Buildings and Environmental Impact Assessment) (England) (Coronavirus) (Amendment) Regulations 2020 to give local planning authorities greater flexibility in how they publicise certain planning applications, and to support timely decision-making, and avoid delays to development as a result of the effects of the coronavirus pandemic, while maintaining public participation in the decision-making process.
From the 1st June 2020, Slough Borough Council will:
- Display a site notice at each property for which an application for planning permission is made, giving details of the planning application and the website where details about the application can be found
- Place a public notice in a local newspaper, if that is a requirement for the type of planning application
- Publish a weekly list of registered planning applications on our planning webpage
- Use social media such as Facebook and Twitter to provide a link to a weekly list of registered planning applications
- Inform local parish councils, neighbourhood and community groups by email
- Cease sending letters to the neighbours of properties for which an application for planning permission is made.
If you have any queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.