Waste and recycling
Chalvey Household Waste and Recycling Centre is still open between 9am and 5pm every day. These are the normal winter opening hours.
- Residents should only visit the site if you cannot safely store your waste at home. Do not come if there is no need.
- Residents will be asked for their proof of address. Examples include: council tax or utility bill with matching photo ID e.g. driving licence, passport. Only Slough residents will be allowed to use the site.
- There will be limits on the number of vehicles allowed on site to allow for social distancing.
- There may be delays accessing the site and possibly queues outside of the site.
- Social distancing measures are in place. No assistance is available for unloading.
- Only one person per vehicle wherever possible.
Our refuse, recycling and green bin collection rounds are operating normally.
Green bins for garden waste can be ordered by calling 01753 475 111 option 4, and are emptied on a fortnightly basis.
The waste transfer station for the disposal of commercial waste from businesses involved in providing critical services is open. Only card payments will be accepted.
Changes to disposal of waste
Residents who have suffered, or think they have suffered, symptoms of Covid-19 please put personal waste such as used tissues and disposable cleaning cloths in separate rubbish bags. These should be placed into another bag, tied securely and kept separate from other household waste. This should be put aside for at least 72 hours before being put in your usual external household waste bin. Other household waste can be disposed of as normal.
Bulky waste collections
To assist with the disposal of additional household waste the bulky waste collection can now accept household waste in black bags. The bulky waste collection costs £5 per item with a minimum 3 items or £15 charge, and maximum of seven items. Five black sacks will be classed as a single item, 10 black sacks as two items and 15 black sacks as three items up to seven items. Bulky waste collections can still be booked by calling 01753 475111 and selecting option 4. DIY waste and rubble can now be taken to the open Chalvey HWRC.
Recycling bins for clothes and shoes are closed
The 14 bring sites in the borough where there are recycling bins for clothes, shoes and textiles, are not in use until further notice. The charity responsible for collecting clothes is not operating due to the coronavirus situation. Please keep items for recycling at home for when Chalvey HWRC reopens for recycling.