Updated: 24 May 2021
The following can resume in community centres:
- Childrens indoor activities/sports
- Adult indoor sports
- Support groups (such as victim support and mental health groups) can take place in gatherings of groups of 15 (subject to capacity) in a COVID-19 secure community facility if organised by a business, a charitable, benevolent or philanthropic institution or a public body to provide mutual aid, therapy or any other form of support to its members or those who attend its meetings
- Religious Groups can continue – Singing and chanting is still not allowed
- Social gathering indoors - up to 6 people or 2 households indoors or a significant life event
- Funeral attendance is no longer be limited to 30 people, but will be determined by how many people the COVID-secure venue can safely accommodate with social distancing. Limits at weddings, wakes and other commemorative events have been increased to 30 people. Other significant life events, such as bar/bat mitzvahs and christenings, will also be able to take place with 30 people.
- Education or training
- Outdoors events up to maximum 30 people
- Spectators are not allowed unless for Elite support, but still maintaining social distancing or of parents of children with disability.
Social distancing capacities of 2m must still be maintained.
Wearing of masks inside is still legally required, unless undertaking sports activities or you are exempt from wearing one.
Food and drink can be consumed. When consuming food and drink, you should remain seated and take steps to minimize any risk of infection. You should not touch communal or shared objects, or handle items other than your own (for example, avoid the use of shared cutlery, dishes or service sheets).
NHS Test and Trace must still continue – either use the NHS QR codes (on posters in the community centres) or submit/file track & trace forms to Slough Borough Council
For further guidance please see the government guidelines COVID-19: Guidance for the safe use of multi-purpose community facilities