Due to the national lockdown certain measures have been put into place to keep our customers and and staff safe.
If you have received a summons to appear at Slough Magistrates Court, you must confirm the following steps have been followed:
- you have read the inserts
- if you disagree with the summons either contact Customer Services on 01753 475111 or email email@example.com and the subject field must read Summons and include your account number
- arrangement can be made by email firstname.lastname@example.org and the subject field must read Summons and include your account number
To appear before the magistrate you will have to notify Slough Borough Council first outlining why you feel your enquiry has not been resolved. Slough Borough Council will then, if necessary, forward your details onto the courts. The Courts will send a virtual link for your hearing.
Please be informed you cannot turn up at court without an appointment time provided by the courts (this does not refer to the timings on the summons). If you do, you may be asked to wait outside or turned away.
The courts are a public place and you should not attend if you:
- have had a Covid test and waiting for results
- are experiencing Covid symptoms
If this is the case and you have a time slot provided by the courts then please email the courts TV-BerkshireMCEnq@justice.gov.uk to explain this and your case will be adjourned for a later hearing.