Exemption for flooded premises

Residents with homes affected by the floods in late 2013 and early 2014 can apply for an exemption from council tax. This is for the time that they are forced to live in temporary accommodation while their main home is flood damaged they will not be charged council tax.

The exemption applies for every day that the property is empty and in need of substantial building or remedial works to make it habitable again. It can last for up to 12 months but will initially be awarded for three months and reviewed on a regular basis.

To be awarded the appropriate rate relief please email counciltax@slough.gov.uk giving your address, your account number if available and the dates you have been affected by the flooding. Or you can write to:
Head of Revenues and Payments
St Martins Place
51 Bath Road
Slough SL1 3UF

Related pages