Your child can get free early education the term after their second birthday if you live in Slough and you get one of these benefits. Once your child has been approved for free early learning they will continue to be funded even if your family does not meet the criteria at a later date.
- Income Support
- Income based Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA)
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Support through Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit and have an annual income under £16,190 before tax
- Working Tax Credit and have an annual income under £16,190 before tax
- Universal Credit for places starting in the summer term of 2018 (on or after 1 April 2018), or any subsequent term, if a parent is entitled to Universal Credit they must have an annual net earned income equivalent to and not exceeding £15,400, assessed on up to three of the parent’s most recent Universal Credit assessment periods.
- The children of the following families will be entitled to a free place if their parents are working and meet similar low-level income requirements to others eligible for the scheme (e.g. a household income of £15,400 a year or less after tax), that they:
- are excluded from claiming public funds as a consequence of their immigration status, or their lack of immigration status; and
- are in receipt of support under section 17 of the Children Act 1989.
Your child can also get free early education at the age of two, if:
- they are looked after by a local council
- they have an Education, Health and Care Plan (ECHP)
- they receive Disability Living Allowance
- they have left care under a special guardianship order, child arrangements order or adoption order.
Your child will be able to start their free place from the beginning of the term after their second birthday. You can apply in the term of your child's second birthday. If you think you are eligible, please complete an application on the Citizen Portal. Further information can be found in the "apply now" section below.
The details you provide will be used to check your eligibility. In some cases, further details and evidence of income may be required.
For more information or help to complete the form, contact the Early Years Service on 01753 476554. You can also contact the Children’s Centres on 01753 476566.