Contacting Housing Management
- Britwell Community Hub is open, with an appointments system for customers to be seen by housing or customer services at the council access point. If you really need to be seen face to face, please call the contact centre 01753 475111 to book an appointment first. To support this new appointment system, and avoid disappointment at your community hub, booking an appointment will be essential.
- Housing management are able to offer critical services to Slough Borough Council. Please use the phone and email first, however if you need to see a housing officer face-face you will need to make an appointment first by calling the contact centre on 01753 475111.
- If you know your Housing Officer’s direct dial number please use this to contact them. If you don’t then please call either the main
council switchboard on 01753 475111 or you can contact the team directly on 01753 877382 or 01753 474052.
- Alternatively you can email one of these team emails:
Northteam2@slough.gov.uk (Britwell, Manor Park and Priory areas)
Eastteam2@slough.gov.uk (Langley, Wexham and Colnbrook areas)
Southteam2@slough.gov.uk (Chalvey or Cippenham areas)
These will be regularly checked through the working day.
The Council has taken the decision to delay all non-urgent repairs to tenants properties until at least the 30 April (subject to extension) due to the ongoing response to the public health coronavirus emergency. Only emergency or urgent repairs will be carried out by our service partner, Osborne Property Services Limited during this time. Please continue to report all repairs on the usual number: 0800 9151215.
- For more information, including a list of repairs defined as emergency or urgent, see Coronavirus and housing repairs.
There is currently a complete ban on evictions
- The government has announced no renter in either social or private accommodation will be forced out of their home during this
- Emergency legislation will suspend new evictions from social or private rented accommodation while this national emergency is taking
- No new possession proceedings through applications to the court to start during the crisis
- Landlords will also be protected as 3 month mortgage payment holiday is extended to Buy to Let mortgage.
- At the end of this period, landlords and tenants will be expected to work together to establish an affordable repayment plan, taking
into account tenants’ individual circumstances.