What goes in your green bin
Your green bin is for your garden waste only. No carrier bags or bin liners.
Yes, put it in
Put items in loose.
- Grass cuttings.
- Bark, twigs and small branches.
- Hedge and shrub trimmings.
- Cut flowers, small plants and weeds.
No, leave it out
If your green bin contains any of the following, it may not be emptied.
- Black sacks, plastic bags or bin liners.
- Large branches, logs and stumps*.
- Invasive plants i.e. Japanese knotweed.
- Soil or turf*.
- Stone, concrete, timber or builder or construction waste*.
- Glass, plastic bottles, paper or cardboard (use your red bin).
- Plastics i.e. pots and tubs*.
- Kitchen, food or pet waste.
- General refuse.
* You can take these items to the Household Waste Recycling Centre.
There will be no green waste collections over the winter months. Collections will stop from Monday, 22 November 2021 and will resume on Monday, 21 March 2022.
How to apply
Information on the green bin service can be found on the garden waste collection page.