What can we do for employers?
Slough Employ-Ability also offers support and advice to employers, and can help:
- provide disability awareness training that will help dispel some of the myths that exist about the employment of a disabled person
- provide people on work experience to give employers an opportunity to assess their capabilities without any obligation to make the arrangement more permanent
- arrange to visit employers/employees to discuss any issues that may be of concern, our support will continue for as long as all parties feel it is necessary
- assess tasks within your organisation that can be adapted to suit the skills and abilities of the individuals we are helping
- suggest any reasonable adjustments that can be made within the workplace that improves the access for disabled people.