Slough Employ-Ability is a specialist employment service that supports people with disabilities enter into meaningful part time or full time employment.
Our aim is to help people with learning disabilities, physical disabilities and mental health needs into paid work or work placements/experience that can be seen as a step towards paid work.
The referral process is through the social worker/care co-ordinator and is open to those people who are over 18, eligible for adult social care and live in Slough.
Once accepted into the service you can expect help in the following areas:
- CV writing
- job seeking – including access to the internet and the local press
- interview skills
- help with application forms
- guidance on benefits
- confidence building
- interview training
- support at interviews
- job coaching – support to both employee and employer during the induction stages of employment
- monitor the placement to ensure a successful outcome
- facilitate support through Access to Work
- suggest appropriate training courses to help you develop your career.
Telephone: 07860 259648 or 07771 985537
Main office: 01753 572249
The service is available:
Monday to Thursday 8.30am - 4.30pm
Fridays 8.30am - 4.00pm