- A refundable deposit is required
- Public liability insurance is charged at 5%
- Charges may vary depending on the type of function
- Charges are applied for IT equipment, stage & sound system facility
Key to table
Registered Charity Rate
A Registered Charity organisation is required to meet a minimum of two categories below to receive the Registered Charity group rate.
- Organisations that have completed Slough Quality Protects at the minimum of bronze level.
- A non-profit making organisation where profits are dedicated to the community.
- Voluntary organisations accountable to members or users and are primarily governed by volunteers.
- The activity is carried out by volunteers and provides a service to the community.
- The activity commemorates a significant cultural, national or civic event or anniversary.
- Fundraising for the wider community.
- Social Enterprise Companies with charitable objectives, who are limited by guarantee and not those who were limited by shares.
- Registered Charity organisations which operate with a constitution.
Private and Semi commercial hire
A semi-commercial organisation is required to meet the first criteria below and one other in this section to receive the semi-commercial rate:
- Small organisations or limited companies providing services which support Slough Council priorities. These include services and activities which involve:
- Health and Wellbeing
- Safer Communities
- Economy and Skills
- The Environment
- Small limited companies providing a service to the local community.
- Small limited companies which meet the Councils priorities (as above).
- Classes for which participants pay a charge and where individual people gain financially will be considered in this category.
- Hire for private profit (in contrast to fundraising for community benefit).
All other customers will be charged at the commercial rate. Examples of organisations that are to be charged at the commercial rate include:
- Private companies or large businesses.
- An enterprise that is established for trade or business venture purpose.
- Activity is solely organised for profit.
- Individuals running a business.
- Groups pursuing Party Political Governmental or commercial objectives.