What a volunteer does
Our volunteers help provide extra support to library services' key staff to provide additional opportunities and excellent customer service. Volunteers are an invaluable support to the work of library services.
In Libraries there are a number of roles for volunteers:
- Meet and greet volunteer
- Activities and events volunteer
- Children’s activities and events volunteer
- Learning support volunteer
- ICT buddy
- Arts volunteer including front of house duties
What activities volunteers may do
- first point of contact; welcoming people, directing them, helping them find information
- support staff to deliver activities and help to set up rooms
- work with a wide range of local residents and visitors of all ages
- be enthusiastic and willing to learn new skills and contribute to the Libraries team.
Libraries staff will provide full training, support and opportunities to learn new skills.