Guide to Bolinda Borrow Box
Using Bolinda BorrowBox for the first time?
Download the free BorrowBox app from the Google Play, iTunes Store, or download Adobe Digital Editions (for Kobo, Sony Ereader or Nook)
- Select or type in Slough Libraries
- Log in with your usual library card number and pin code. You will need to agree with the terms and conditions.
You can also login to BorrowBox from your computer and download
Borrowing Borrowbox ebooks and e-audiobooks
After you have logged in you will arrive at the My Loans page which is where you will be able to see your loans and reservations.
- Tap the buttons at the bottom of this screen to browse the e-books and e-audiobooks, search for a particular title or change the settings.
- Once you have identified a title you’d like to borrow, click on the title and you will be given more information about the book plus the option to preview, borrow or reserve, if the item is already on loan.
- Once you click on borrow you will be asked to confirm the loan. You will then be given the option to download or continue browsing.
- You can download and read or listen to your e-book or e-audiobook at any time by returning to the My Loans page.
If you want to use your Kobo, Sony Ereader or Nook, you will need to use Adobe Digital Editions to transfer the book from your computer to your device.
- You can borrow 6 e-books and 6 e-audiobooks from BorrowBox for 3 weeks, in addition to 35 physical items on your library card.
- If you need more information on using BorrowBox, there is a very comprehensive Borrowbox help section which should answer any of the questions you may have. You will need to be logged in to use it.
What about Kobo, Nook, Sony ereaders or Kindle?
Kobo, Nook, Sony ereaders: download the e-book or e-audiobook to your computer and transfer to your device.
- Kindle: Not supported.
- Kindle Fire: Download the app from the Amazon App store or Google Play or through your browser.
You cannot borrow directly from Amazon.