Customer Service Standards
- Our staff will always be helpful and courteous. We will treat you fairly and with respect.
- Your library will be a safe and welcoming place. We will make sure that our libraries are clean, tidy and well presented.
- All our staff will be fully trained to equip them with the necessary skills and knowledge to provide customer focussed library services.
- The competency knowledge and skills of library staff will be regularly assessed by library managers.
- You will be served by friendly, welcoming staff at all our libraries.
- We welcome all feedback on our services which we will use to improve our services. When you inform us of a problem or complaint we will investigate and give you a response within 10 working days.
- When you visit one of our service desks we will aim to serve you as quickly as possible and we will acknowledge your presence within 1 minute.
- When you telephone the switchboard we aim to answer your calls as soon as we are able to do so. When you telephone a direct extension number we will aim to answer your call within 5 rings. We will answer all calls confirming the name of the Library as well as stating our name.
- We will answer your query to our best ability. If we cannot answer your enquiry we will pass you onto someone who can or get back to you by an agreed time with the information you require.
- You will be able to identify staff by their ID badges.
- We aim to put our customers first, organising our services around customers' needs.
If you feel you have not been given excellent customer service let us know how you think we can improve. Please contact your local library or leave a comment online.