The Library Consultation opens on 28 October.
Slough Library service is asking for residents’ and stakeholders views on several proposed options which will make changes to the library service. We need your help to know how:
- you use the library service now
- what your views are on the proposed changes and
- what impacts the changes might have on how you use the service.
We want to hear from current library users but also from people who don’t use the services at the moment. We also want your ideas on alternative ways that we can deliver a library service that is affordable and fit for the future.
The following consultation pack is available if you would like more information before completing this survey.
- Appendix A - Library budgets and staffing.
- Appendix B - 1964 Act background.
- Appendix C - Equality Impact Assessment.
- Appendix D - Slough demographics by ward.
- Appendix E - Slough CIPFA.
- Appendix F - Opening hours.
- Appendix G - Library books by expenditure falls to as little as 5p per person.
- Appendix H - Feedback from users.
- Appendix I - Usage data.
- Appendix J - Libraries Connected report July 2021.
How you can participate
- You can complete the survey from 28 October up to Thursday 20 January 2022.
- You can complete this survey for yourself or on behalf of your children or those you care for and share your views on the options proposed.
- For children and young people under the age of 13 the survey must be completed by a parent/carer.
- As well as completing the survey online you can attend a drop-in session held at The Curve, Britwell, Cippenham and Langley libraries or an online consultation event. These will provide a more informal way for you to feedback your views, as well as completing the online survey.
Drop in sessions
These drop-in sessions are being held at each library. Drop in at any point during the dates and times below to find out more information, ask questions and complete the survey. There is no need to book for these sessions.
Social distancing guidelines will be followed at the drop-ins. Please do not attend if you are displaying Covid-19 symptoms.
|October||Friday 29||Cippenham||morning||11am - 1pm|
|Friday 29||Curve||afternoon||2.30 - 5pm|
|Saturday 30||Langley||morning/afternoon||12 noon - 3pm|
|November||Thursday 4||Britwell||morning||11am - 1pm|
|Thursday 4||Curve||afternoon||1.30 - 4.30pm|
|Wednesday 10||Cippenham||morning||11am - 1pm|
|Monday 15||Langley||afternoon||1.30 - 4.30pm|
|Tuesday 23||Britwell||afternoon||1.30 - 4.30pm|
|Saturday 27||Curve||morning/afternoon||12 noon - 3pm|
|December||Saturday 11||Cippenham||morning/afternoon||12 noon - 3pm|
|Thursday 16||Langley||morning||11am - 2pm|
|January||Friday 7||Britwell||morning||11am - 2pm|
|Monday 10||Curve||afternoon||1.30 - 4.30pm|
Online Zoom drop-in sessions
The meetings will be online. To book please go to Eventbrite booking. The joining link will be sent a day before the event.
|November||Tuesday 9||Zoom online||evening||6.30 - 7.30pm|
|December||Wednesday 8||Zoom online||evening||6.30 - 7.30pm|
Coming 28 October. If have any queries or issues, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.