Local development scheme (LDS)
The Local Development Scheme (April 2019) sets out the timetable for the production of the Slough Local Plan - it will be updated where necessary.
When drafting a new Local Plan, the council has to follow a set procedure created by national government. Creating a new Local Plan Document includes several stages of work, evidence collection, and consultations. The key milestones are:
- Publication and examination: 2022 & 2023 TBC
- Proposed Spatial Strategy Consultation (Reg. 18) Nov. 2020
- Emerging Preferred Spatial Strategy: 2017 - 2020
- Accommodating growth at Heathrow - Colnbrook and Poyle: December 2018
- Northern Expansion Report: October 2017
- Issues and Options Consultation: January 2017
- Consultation on the Call for Sites June 2016 (following a Call for Sites January-March 2016)
- Regulation 18 Intention to Prepare a Local Plan January 2015
Please note that the timescale for the later stages have yet to be finalised. Progress on the strategy had to take account of the uncertainty surrounding the proposed third runway at Heathrow Airport; work underway on accommodating housing in the sub-region and Council plans for the regeneration of the town centre. These will not affect the ability of the Council to continue to deliver housing, employment and other regeneration schemes in the short term.
More information is available below. Progress on the Local Plan is presented to the Planning Committee (Cabinet is the decision making body):
You can read more about the statutory process of creating a new Local Plan in Slough here: