The emerging preferred spatial strategy
Prior to the start of the consultation of the proposed spatial strategy, which is now closed, the Council had been working on the Emerging Preferred Spatial Strategy for Slough.
This included :
- Delivering major redevelopment within the ‘Centre of Slough’ (See Centre of Slough framework )
- Selecting other key locations for appropriate development.
- Protecting the built and natural environment of Slough, including the suburbs
- Accommodating the proposed third runway at Heathrow and mitigating its impact (See Accommodating growth at Heathrow- proposals for Colnbrook and Poyle)
- Promoting the northern expansion of Slough in the form of a ‘Garden Suburb (See Atkins- Slough Northern Extension Report and the Wider Growth Study)
- December 2018 Update including report on accommodating Heathrow in Colnbrook and Poyle.
- February 2018 Update on the Emerging Spatial Strategy.
- October 2017 The Northern Expansion.
- Atkins - Slough Northern Extension Report - see key documents below
- November 2017 Emerging Preferred Spatial Strategy.
- Centre of Slough Framework.
- Local Housing Needs Assessment RBWM, Slough and South Bucks.