Thinking of volunteering as a school governor?
There are more than 50 schools in Slough and they all need committed volunteers to be school governors.
Becoming a school governor involves:
- Being interested in getting the best education for the pupils at the school. Governors can become involved in a range of school matters which can include recruitment, finance and curriculum.
- Providing a strong link between the school and the local community, and an independent view to support the school on long term development and improvement.
- A time commitment - school governing boards meet on at least a termly basis and governors are also expected to get to know their schools through visits.
In return you'll:
- Improve your work skills.
- Receive valuable training - there are a wide range of training opportunities available to help governors undertake their duties and develop their understanding of the key areas of school management.
- Gain experience of managing an organisation.
- Get practice in raising questions, discussing issues and decision making.
Who can become a school governor?
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. You don't have to be a parent or hold any qualifications but you do need to be:
- Over 18.
- Interested in children's education.
- Able to commit 5 to 8 hours per month.
- Discreet, open minded and fair.
- Able to share your ideas.
- Enthusiastic and a team player.
- Prepared to complete an enhanced DBS check.
Apply to be a school governor
Discover more about Slough school governor vacancies by contacting us at: email@example.com.