How to report council fraud
To report fraud against the council such as council tax support or discount, housing, blue badge, social care payments and business rates.
- Complete our simple online report fraud form.
- Call the fraud hotline on 01753 787876 (24 hours).
You have the right to remain anonymous and all the information provided will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Benefit fraud is now the responsibility of the Department of Work and Pensions.
Slough Borough Council no longer investigates this.
If someone claims Housing Benefit and/or Social Security benefits where they have no right to entitlement they are committing benefit fraud. Typical examples of benefit fraud are people who:
- work, but don't declare this when they submit their claim
- claim as a single person, but actually live with a partner
- claim from an address, but do not live there
- do not tell the Council the full amount of income, savings or capital they have when they claim benefit
- for any reason do not have any right to claim Housing Benefit.
How to report benefit fraud
Telephone: call the National Benefit Fraud Hotline on 0800 854 440. Your call is free and confidential you do not have to give your name or address. Lines are open Monday to Friday 8.00am to 6.00pm.
If you have speech or hearing problems you can use a text phone service on 0800 328 0512 or Welsh speakers can call on 0800 678 3722.
Online: GOV.UK site to report benefit fraud.
By post: NBFH, PO Box 224, Preston PR1 1GP