Arrange a collection
Call Environmental Services on 01753 475111, option 4.
£5 per item with a minimum charge of £15. A maximum of 7 items are allowed per collection.
Example of items:
- a table plus four chairs count as five items .
- a three piece suite counts as three items.
- a bed base and mattress counts as 2 items.
- a wardrobe is one item (tbundled together if dismantled or broken).
A free service is available for pensioners and for residents who live alone and are registered as disabled. Collections are limited to two per year per household.
Please note we can now take debit and credit card payments over the telephone between 8am and 5pm.
Payment must be made before the day of collection, either by debit or credit card, cash, or cheque payable to Slough Borough Council.
You can also pay at the site office Monday to Friday between 8am and 3.30pm or by post to
Slough Borough Council
Chalvey Transfer Station
White Hart Road
Berkshire SL1 2SF
If you are paying by post you will need to include details along with the cheque such as:
- name and address for collection;
- contact telephone number;
- items to be uplifted and day of collection of recycling and refuse, as this is the same day that the bulky uplift will be made.
Where to leave your items
On your refuse collection day, please leave your item(s) outside your property along with your refuse bins.
If you live in a flat or have any access issues, make sure you inform us of your circumstances. We will not be able to collect any items from inside your property.