Copy certificates

How to request a copy of a certificate

A birth, death or marriage entry is held in Register Office in the district where the event took place. Visit the government’s website to find the right register office.

If the event you are looking for took place outside of Slough, you should contact the relevant registration district. They will be able to help you.

If you are requesting a copy of a marriage certificate where the marriage took place in a religious building recently, then we may not yet have a deposited register from the church or temple. In these cases, you should request your copy certificate from the church or temple directly. We can tell you if you need to do this when you apply for your copy certificate.

How to get a copy of a certificate

In order to request a copy of a certificate you will need the following information:

  • name of the person (and the name of their partner in the case of a marriage or civil partnership).
  • date and type of the event (birth, death, marriage or civil partnership).
  • place of birth or death.
  • for a marriage or civil partnership, the location where the ceremony took place. For example the church, the register office or an approved venue like a hotel.

You can apply in the following ways:

Contact the Register Office

Contact the register office