Copy certificates

How to request a copy of a certificate

A birth, death or marriage entry is held in Register Office in the district where the event took place. Visit the government’s website to find the right register office.

If the event you are looking for took place outside of Slough, you should contact the relevant registration district. They will be able to help you.

If you are requesting a copy of a marriage certificate where the marriage took place in a religious building recently, then we may not yet have a deposited register from the church or temple. In these cases, you should request your copy certificate from the church or temple directly. We can tell you if you need to do this when you apply for your copy certificate.

How to get a copy of a certificate

By post

Your letter should contain the following information for each certificate being applied for:

  • name of the person (and the name of their partner in the case of a marriage or civil partnership).
  • date and type of the event (birth, death, marriage or civil partnership).
  • place of birth or death.
  • for a marriage or civil partnership, the location where the ceremony took place. For example the church, the register office or an approved venue like a hotel.

In person

You can apply in person at our office during our normal opening hours - check contact us for details.

By telephone

You can contact us by telephone to order a copy certificate.

Contact the Register Office

Contact the register office