Registration information held at this office
Registration information held at this office may be shared with other organisations in the course of carrying out our functions, or to enable others to perform theirs. We will only share information where there is a lawful basis to do so for the following reasons:
- statistical or research purposes
- administrative purposes by official bodies e.g. to ensure their records are up-to-date in order to provide services to the public
- fraud prevention or detection, immigration and passport purposes.
The data collection document gives:
- further information on data held by the registration service
- a full list of the organisations we share registration data with
- the purpose and the lawful basis for sharing the data.
You have the right to:
- request access to the personal information we hold about you,
- be informed about the collection and use of your personal information
- for incorrect information to be corrected (where the law permits) and
- request us to restrict the processing of your personal information.
In certain circumstances you have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. Your information will not be subjected to automated decision-making.
Registration information is retained indefinitely as required by law. Information relating to financial data will be retained for 7 years.
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office about the way we are handling your personal information.