The Slough Violence Taskforce coordinates partners within the borough to provide a focused, evidence-based response to serious violence and to proactively work to reduce violent crime before it happens, enabling a long-term, sustainable solution.
Stakeholders currently working together are:
- Slough Borough Council
- Slough Council for Voluntary Service (Slough CVS)
- Aik Saath
- Community Rehabilitation Service
- Slough Youth Offending Team
- Clinical Commissioning Group
- Thames Valley Police
- South Central Ambulance Service
- Frimley Park Health NHS Trust
- Thames Valley Violence Reduction Unit
- Slough School Haybrook College.
The role of the taskforce is to inform and reassure residents, develop innovative methods to communicate with Slough communities, encourage behaviour change in relation to serious violence and promote positive role models and opportunity.
The taskforce meets once every two months, or more frequently if required.