Advice and Support Service
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Information Advice and Support Service or SENDIASS is a confidential and impartial support and advice service. It is for parents, carers and children and young people (aged up to 25 years). SENDIASS focuses on issues to do with special educational needs and disabilities.
- a telephone helpline service
- information and support for parents, carers, children and young people
- written information about Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- information sessions for parents and carers
- training for professional staff and school governors
- access to an independent supporter where appropriate.
How we help you
- Listen to your views and concerns.
- Work with you to explore your options.
- Prepare for meetings.
- Build up your confidence to share your views.
- Help with forms, letters and reports.
- Explain your rights in relation to SEN and disability.
- Work in partnership with schools and the local authority to develop positive relationships.
We also welcome your feedback. If you'd like to offer feedback, please complete the user evaluation.