Demonstrate food is handled hygienically
You can do this by showing, for example, that:
- staff have high standards of personal hygiene
- you have control measures to prevent cross contamination
- you store foods at the correct temperature
- you cook, reheat and cool foods properly.
Premises should be:
- a suitable structure which is clean and in good repair throughout
- adequately lit, naturally or artificially
- adequate ventilated, naturally or artificially
- a structure proofed against pest entry.
Documentation and evidence
Legally, food businesses must provide documentary evidence that the food they produce is safe. This should:
- identify and show an understanding of the food safety hazards
- provide evidence that measures have been taken to effectively control these hazards and that these measures are regularly reviewed
- provide evidence that all food handlers are supervised and instructed and/or trained in food hygiene matters.
These are suitable for many types of food business, but not all.
Contact us to discuss which food safety management system is right for your business.