Cookie Consent by

Food poisoning and complaints

Make a complaint

Slough Borough Council have a responsibility to ensure premises are being operated hygienically. If you have a complaint about food purchased in the borough or about a food premises within Slough, it is important to contact the food and safety team.

For a refund, you need to return to the shop where the food was purchased and ask them directly. If you decide to contact the food and safety team please note that we cannot seek compensation for you. Our role is to investigate whether an offence has been committed and if the company has food safety systems in place.

If you want the food and safety team to investigate a complaint you must bring the food and the packaging into the council offices (by appointment). Please contact the food and safety team for further advice.


Contact Food and Safety

Email is the preferred method of contact. The team aim to respond within one working day.

Contact the food and safety team