On the day of collection, your wheeled bin should:
- be presented outside your property before 6am.
- be positioned clearly visible without causing any obstruction. It is helpful to position the bin with the handles towards the street.
- not be overfilled or overweight. If the bin is too heavy or the lid is not closed flat it will not be collected.
After the bin has been emptied:
- collection crews will return bins to the curtilage of your property or an agreed point of collection, which is usually the approximate point where they were collected from or a safer position.
- residents are responsible for returning the bins back within their property boundary by the end of collection day to prevent obstacles on the pavement. Failure to do so could result in enforcement action being taken.
If we miss your bin
If your bin wasn’t collected on its scheduled day, there could be a number of reasons why. So, before you report it, check that the following factors aren’t responsible for your missed collection.