Charitable collections

If you want to sell goods on a street that is not for a charitable purpose, you must apply for a Street Trading Consent.

House to House Collection licenses and Street Collection

House to House Collection licenses and Street Collection permits are free.

The application form, policy documents and returns form can be requested by emailing the Licensing Team at

All collections must be for a charitable purpose.

Your application must be made between 6 months and one month before the date you want to start collecting.


Please send all complaints to the licensing manager at 

Direct Debit collections

Direct Debit collections do not need a collection licence or permit and are administered by the Institute of Fundraising (IoF) on behalf of Slough Borough Council under a Site Management Agreement (SMA). The SMA came into effect from 17 October 2011.

To find out about giving safely and how to report scams please go the Fraud Advisory Panel website.

Complaints about Direct Debit collections

Complaints about a Direct Debit collection in Slough should be made through the Institute of Fundraising website.