Gambling permits

Gambling permits and how to apply

We are responsible for issuing gambling permits for the following:

  • alcohol-licensed premises (gaming machine permits)
  • unlicensed family entertainment centres (gaming machine permits)
  • prize gaming
  • clubs (club gaming permits and club machine permits).

You must notify the council if you plan to have two machines of category C or D gaming machines.

You must apply for a licensed premise gaming machine permit if you would like to have more than two machines, two months before your existing permit is due to expire.

For more information on each type of permit, go to the Gambling Commission website.

How to apply

For an application form, please email and a form will be emailed to you. If you would like us to post the form to you, please include your address.

Contact Licensing

Contact the licensing team