Licensing pre-application advice
Application assistance and check and send service
The licensing team offer pre-application advice, application assistance and a check and send service. The aim is to try and make the application process as easy as possible. The service is offered for the following applications:
- The Licensing Act 2003 - alcohol, entertainment and late night refreshment (i.e. new premises licence applications, variations, transfers and vary DPS applications)
- The Gambling Act 2005 - (new premises applications, variations and transfers)
- Animal Activity Licensing Regulations 2018 (e.g. day care, home boarding, pet sales, breeding, riding establishments, exhibition of animals)
- Scrap metal dealers
- Sex establishments
- Special treatment licences (acupuncture, tattooing, electrolysis, ear and body piercing).
The advice given depends on the application you want to submit and the level of assistance you would like to receive. In general, we can assist with the following:
- advice and assistance with completing applications forms
- advice on appropriate premises licence conditions
- advice on premises licence plans and other technical documents which may be required
- advice on nominating an appropriate designated premises supervisor
- assistance with completing statutory notices and advertising
- site visit(s) to ensure plans are compliant with prescribed regulations and appropriate statutory notices are correctly displayed.
- any other advice or assistance that may be necessary.
Check and send service
For the check and send service we will:
- do a pre-submission validation check to make sure there are no errors or omissions that may invalidate the application
- distribute the validated application to relevant responsible authorities and/or consultees.
Any pre-application advice cannot prejudge the outcome of the licensing application. Any final decision on your application will be made under delegated authority by a different licensing officer or by council members.
Depending on the type of application, it may be subject to a statutory consultation period after submission. Officers are unable to give any guarantees about the outcome of an application. Please note:
- we will not deal with any request for advice until payment has been received
- we are not responsible for advertising the application (if required)
- the pre-application advice will end once an application has been submitted
- a different licensing officer will deal with the application once it has been submitted.