Skip permits

To place a skip on the public highway (this includes the carriageway, footway and verge) you will need a permit from the Streetworks team.

Skip permits are only issued to Skip Hire companies who are registered with Slough Borough Council. We do this to make sure the company has the correct insurance and complies with our guidelines and safety regulations.

Skip permits are issued for 14 days, renewals can be requested for 7 days.

Hiring a skip

Please note if you hire a skip, it is your responsibility to make sure it has been authorised.

Email to 

  • check the skip you have hired is authorised 
  • get more information on registered skip hire companies.

Register as a skip hire company

If you would like to register your business as a skip hire company, please email