Are you a direct employer or personal assistant?
Skills for Care provides information for direct employers on:
- the National Minimum Data Set, and how this links to funding for staff qualifications
- good working relationships with personal assistants
- how to use the Common Induction Standards.
Skills for Care also offer funding to direct (individual) employers who wish to develop themselves and their personal assistants.
Training includes courses such as:
- first aid
- moving and assisting
- elements of the Common Induction Standards
- elements of the Manager Induction Standards
- accredited qualification in health and social care (e.g. Level 2 or 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care, or Award in Dementia)
- medication awareness.
You can find more information on our employing a personal assistant page.